Thursday, July 17, 2014

Lessons Learned Circumnavigating the Globe

"This was the first time that I realized that my own country, where we lament bad health care and florid corruption, could be seen as privileged. No child here has to die from hydrocephalus. That day I realized that the people for whom I advocate are more than the people of South Africa, more even than the people of Africa. As I walked out of the orphanage, all I could think of was how to fix this – this country I had never before seen nor felt particularly drawn towards. In the global village, the disenfranchised of Vietnam – and of any other country – are our compatriots, too."
--Lessons Learned Circumnavigating the Globe

The most powerful thing you can do is to simply write about what you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment